Monday, May 4, 2009

Not as good as last year...

On May 3rd, David and I celebrated our first anniversary of being married! Neither of us could believe that we had already been married for a year already, the time went way too fast! One thing that we did yesterday was eat the top layer of our wedding cake! This is what our wedding cake looked like last year... The bottom and top layers was made out of white cake that had a raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting. The middle layer was a lemon cake with raspberry filing and cream cheese frosting.



Yesterday we thawed out the top layer of the cake and ate it! It was great to remember our day, but the cake did not taste as good as it did last year...

5 remarks:

Kelsey said...

Congrats, Lillian! I hope you had a great time yesterday. Also, to answer your question it is "K" shaped.

Brittany and Joe said...

That's kinda how mine and Joe's looked. Joe loved that cake, but I didn't think it really did taste that great.

Mandy said...

yay!!! has it been a year already? yeah I remember our top tier wasn't that great either- I think it kinda made me sick even....

Liz said...

Congrats on making it through the first year:). I can't believe it has been that long already! Chad and I kinda forgot about our cake for about 6 and a half years...He refused to even try it...i guess I probably shouldn't have:).

Lillian said...

yeah, about 8 people tried a piece of our cake top and I don't think anyone got sick, it just tasted weird, that's all. I guess we're just lucky.